Gratitude 2021

Dr. Murray and attendees of the 2018 Gala Kick-Off Celebration

Dear Friends, 

Each year I look forward to this time when we pause to thank our many alumni and friends who so generously supported Baker University the previous year. As we look back on 2021, we have much to be proud of.  

On campus, our routines and activities are returning to normal. In addition to students engaging in thoughtful classroom discussions, audiences are returning to Rice Auditorium, spectators are cheering on our scholar-athletes, future Wildcats are visiting campus, and our students are again studying abroad. Last fall it was truly special to see so many alumni on campus for Homecoming, and we look forward to hosting everyone again on Alumni Weekend on May 14.

Another event I look forward to is celebrating the close of Forever Orange: The Campaign for Baker University. Although Baker has a long tradition of generosity, the Board of Trustees, Campaign Steering Committee, and I did not anticipate such a strong initial response when we announced the $20 million campaign in April of 2018. Early gifts allowed us to increase the goal to $28 million in October of 2018. We will formally celebrate the end of this historic campaign with a Gala on May 7 and announce our final total.

On behalf of the university community, I express my sincere gratitude for your continued support of the education Baker offers both in the classroom and out. Together we can ensure that every student has access to an exceptional experience that prepares them to make a difference in their communities. 

Sincerely, 

Dr. Lynne Murray 

University President